Congress and the LGBT Agenda
Congress and the LGBT AgendaFollow @KnightsTempOrg
The liberals and their LGBTQ+ pets are coming for your children and grandchildren. When you look at what is happening in an America headed by a President elected to stand up against the destruction of our traditional values and identity, it has to make you deeply fearful about the future.
The US House of Representatives is poised to pass the most extreme and tyrannical national LGBT law in history. Bill HR5, deceitfully titled the “Equality Act,” will radically re-write the nation’s Civil Rights laws to force the homosexual and transgender agendas into the lives of every citizen, with oppressive penalties for those who refuse.
An unbelievably horrible bill
We’ve all seen the horrors that have already happened following various state and local pro-LGBT laws, along with similar Obama-era federal directives: Bakers, photographers, and others being sued. Businesses forced to hire “transgenders.” Schools forced to allow boys to play on girls’ sports teams and change in girls’ locker rooms. A teacher fired for refusing to use a “transgender” student’s preferred pronouns. Courts overruling parents’ objections to their minor child’s “transition” treatments. Aggressive LGBT indoctrination required in K-12 schools, hospitals, and businesses with government contracts. A New York City law stipulating heavy fines for “misgendering” someone.
But that’s just the beginning. The national LGBT lobby has crafted an extremely tyrannical bill that includes all the issues above and much more – all woven into the federal Civil Rights laws! Nothing like this has ever been seen anywhere.
Dangers of the “Equality Act”
- It would force compliance of the radical (and lunatic) LGBT agenda into every person’s life – in businesses, public accommodations, jury selection, schools, hospitals and clinics, social life, even churches!
- It would empower the Department of Justice to enforce the Act in federal courts.
- It writes into federal law radical concepts (“sexual orientation” and “gender identity”) and creates a protected class for people with a psychiatric disorder (“gender dysphoria”).
- The bill is purposefully loosely written – to ensure latitude for the activist judges.
- It gives only minimal, vague definitions for the terms “sexual orientation” and “gender identity,” guaranteeing that legal chaos will ensue. For example, many radicals consider pedophilia a “sexual orientation” – which could end up becoming protected! What other perverted practices might be protected? Prostitution, BDSM (bondage and sadomasochism), bestiality.
- The legal definition of “sex” (the biological category of male or female) would be altered to include (undefined) “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” everywhere the word “sex” appears in federal non-discrimination law.
- The Act hijacks the legitimate Civil Rights movement by incorporating the LGBT agenda into the nation’s civil rights laws. Thus, it equates the civil rights of racial minorities – based on immutable characteristics – with chosen sexual perversions. This is extremely offensive to black Americans who fought so hard for their rights! Yet members of Congress seem to have no problem with this immoral equation.
- The Act would acknowledge “same-sex marriage” in official federal law – rather than just leaving it a dishonest Supreme Court decision (like the Dred Scott and abortion rulings).
- In one curious section of the bill (which expands the list of “public accommodations” covered by anti-discrimination law), we are informed: “Many places of public accommodation recognize the economic imperative to offer goods and services to as many consumers as possible.” This passage could be used to protect “transgender” men using women’s bathrooms and locker rooms, BDSM orgies in hotels, or pedophile conferences.
- Goodbye to freedom of religion on LGBT issues. Many have noted that religious speech critical of “sexual orientation and gender identity” could be considered unlawful discrimination. Not even churches will be exempt as they could be considered “public accommodations” (“a place or establishment that provides … gathering…; any establishment that provides a good, service, or program”).
Powerful forces behind it
The usual crowd of powerful (and fanatical) anti-family and anti-Christian forces is behind this.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has made this bill a top priority to pass this year. It has 240 co-sponsors among the US House members, including several Republicans. Over 150 major US corporations, as well as the US Chamber of Commerce, are aggressively supporting it.
Congressional Democrats had introduced a somewhat weaker version HR5 in previous years, but it got no traction under the Republican House majority. This year, with the Democrats in control again, Nancy Pelosi had promised to pass a super-charged version of it.
Bill HR5 was formally introduced on March 13, 2019, but MassResistance got into this battle several weeks before that. Back in January the ad-hoc group “Gone2Far” came together. It was clear to everyone that the “Equality Act” would be a huge threat to Christians and would criminalize their beliefs on LGBT issues.
The pastors in the group are especially outraged by the repulsive insult to black Americans who remember the true Civil Rights movement. That sexual perversion could piggy-back on their legitimate struggle is beyond belief. But possibly even worse, the Congressional Black Caucus, made up mostly of Democrats, is clearly supporting this hideous bill to please their Party, while completely abandoning their constituents back home.