Swedish girl decapitated by Iraqi-born boyfriend, who then wrapped her head in aluminium foil'

Swedish girl decapitated by Iraqi-born boyfriend, who then wrapped her head in aluminium foil'

A Swedish 17-year-old girl was beheaded by her Iraqi ex-boyfriend after breaking up with him in Sweden, it is alleged. 

Wilma Andersson vanished on November 14 last year and police found a 'body part' two weeks later - which was later revealed to be her head. 

Her ex-boyfriend Tishko Ahmed Shabaz was arrested at the time and has now been charged with her murder, which he denies. 

Charges against the 23-year-old suspect were announced last week.

Hundreds of volunteers had joined the search for Wilma after she was reported missing in Uddevalla on November 17, three days after she was last seen.  

The 'body part' was found on November 28 in a grim discovery which was announced the following day, bringing the search to an end. 

Wilma's boyfriend had already been arrested by then, and has been in custody ever since. 

The indictment claims that Wilma was killed on November 14, the day she went missing, and alleges that her ex-boyfriend cut up her body. 

Police also found blood on the floor of his apartment and 'traces of Wilma' on a large kitchen knife, it is alleged. 

'The suspect has retained a body part for an unknown reason and got rid of the rest of the body,' the police chief said. 

Prosecutors claim that he murdered Wilma by subjecting her to 'repeated violence'. 

The rest of Wilma's body has never been found, and relatives have urged people to continue their search. 

'We want to find our daughter and sister. It is completely inhumane that we go through so please do not stop looking for Wilma,' her mother Linda told Swedish media. 

Relatives say that Wilma had gone to her ex-boyfriend's house to pick up her things after ending the relationship.  

It is also claimed that neighbours heard screaming from the apartment and that Shabaz lied to Wilma's parents by claiming she had left the flat alive. 

However, Wilma's coat and handbag were allegedly still hanging in the closet, raising doubts over Shabaz's claims.  

The trial begins on the 26th May.