The Templar Chapel in Metz, France

a cute kitten

The Templar Chapel in Metz, France

The Templar Chapel was erected as part of a Templar’s commandry around the end of the 12th century.

When the Order of the Templars was dissolved in 1312, the structures were left standing until 1556, when most of the commandry was pulled down (with the remaining parts destroyed in 1904).

Only the chapel escaped demolition and was listed as a historic monument as early as 1840.

Help beat the Social Media blockade! Share this article
-->