“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
The Neo-Gothic Church Saint-Jacques d’Abbeville was demolished in the Département de la Somme, France. This church survived the Great War intact. It is now gone.
A church had existed on this site for over one thousand years.
The rubble of the church was used by two ‘artists’, Fountain and La Mare Erick Vilquin, to create a work of contemporary ‘art’ entitled ‘Build / deconstructed’ and were on display at the Bastille Design Centre in Paris.
Share this page!