Chapel of the Templars, Metz, Lorraine, France
The Chapel of the Templars, the only remains of a Templar Commandery founded in the twelfth century, is located in the Arsenal district in Metz. The Templars settled in the free city of the Holy Roman Empire from 1133.
Today it is in eastern France, close to some of the sites of the bloodiest battles between French and German forces during World War One.
Share this page!